blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

Say what?

I plan on posting more pictures of our baby later today, but I just read probably the greatest sentence ever since entering law school. Here it is:

"The reason for this rule? A freehold estate could not be created unless a feoffment with livery of seisin took place on the land."

If anyone can tell me what in shats name my Property book is trying to tell me then I will be grateful.

Anyway, back to my feofment with livery of seisin...

7 comments:

Kristin said...

It sounds to me like a throwback to English feudalism, but I'm sure you already figured that out!! It probably means something about a feudal lord giving land to someone who was working on the land. Do you want me to be your law school tutor? JUST KIDDING!! I just want to see more pictures of the baby!! :-)

Fun Fantastic Family said...

Kris, I would pretty much take you as a tutor for anything so no need to be kidding!

The whole class is a throw back to English feudalism, but then again, so is American property laws. Basically it means that an estate cannot be passed on (created) unless the owner (the feoffman) divested the estate away. It is much more of a math/history class. In the words of Homer (Simpson) "Borrrrrring!"

Fun Fantastic Family said...

But really I just like the class (and most classes) beause of the funny words

Supalinds said...

Huh? Did you just say something...in english?

Richard & Analeis said...

That does sound like feudalism to me too. I loved the pics of the lil' one! How neat! Congrats again!

-Analeis (and Richard too... I just happen to be the account manager. :D )

Doug & Angie Gray said...

Jay is that English that sounds like a different language and I find it so odd that people really had a real answer for you about that. But I guess that is why you are going to make the big bucks huh.

Kristin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.