Well- I'd like to welcome myself back to blogland. Hi, I am dysfunctional blogger. haha. I can't even tell you how many people have come up to me asking "Dude- when are you going to start blogging again?" Really- I can't tell you, because there aren't any! I am a little disappointed that none of you reading this asked us about our lack of blogging. Come on now- a little love! Actually, I didn't even remember we had a blog until just a few minutes ago. Oops. That happens to me all the time with my car. When we used to live downtown, I would occasionally take the train up to school. On one of these days, after getting done with a long day at the library I walked around the whole parking lot 2-3 times looking for my car- only to remember that I had ridden the train that day. Oh man. Anyway, A lot has gone down in our lives since the lame Utah/BYU game last November. Our daughter turned 2 in February and our son turned 1 in May. My friend, and cousin, had her second baby a few weeks ago. Landon came home from his mission in April and proposed to Shelby about five minutes later :) aren't wasting anytime are you buddy! I graduated from law school in May and am taking the bar in July. But- the best news of all is that we are having another baby!
Well, its World Cup time so we watched the whole U.S. v. England game yesterday. After all of the drama and hype surrounding this epic match-up- what was the result? A 1-1 tie. Honestly! I really do like soccer- I love playing it and it is probably the hardest physical sport you can play. But ending such a tense game in a tie? As our daughter would say "No, no, I don't like it!" I am glad we didn't lose- but not sure I can get excited about not winning either.
Both the babies continue to grow and grow. It blows me away that they are getting so big. Our son is about two weeks away from walking (as if you can predict something like that.) He likes to walk on his feet and his hands, sort of like an ape. He is starting to become a little chatter box and loves to play and play and play until he passes out asleep. He is probably the cutest baby I've ever seen. Our daughter is pretty much speaking in full sentences and takes in EVERYTHING around her. We really have to watch what we say- because she listens to everything. She says "Oh my gosh!" and "What is that? I don't think its very nice." They both keep us extremely busy and are tons of fun. She is really excited that she is going to have another baby sister/brother. However- I asked her if she was excited to have another sister or brother and she replied "Ya! I have a baby sister in my tummy!" I said "No no - in Mama's tummy" She still declared "No Daddy- in my tummy!" So- ya, she's a little confused on that. I am happy I am years away from that talk.
Anyway- here is some of the stuff we have been up to.
In March we went to California for Spring Break. We decided to go all out and travel like we've never traveled before. We drove to San Diego in one day. We spent the next three days in San Diego and went to Sea World and the San Diego Zoo. After that we drove to L.A. and spend three days in Disneyland and California Adventure. We then went to Universal Studios for a day. We spent about eight days doing all this and then drove back to Utah. CRAZY- but amazing and a trip we will never forget. Here are some highlights.
At Mission Beach
At San Diego Temple
At La Jolla
Ariel
Disneyland

The Zoo
I went and and saw bunny have her baby. Her name is Reese. Before she was born, our daughter decided that her name would be "Baby Happy Birthday." Don't know how she quite came up with that one- but welcome baby Reese!

After 3 great and terrible years- Law School is finally over. I have spent 21 of the last 28 years in a classroom. Its time for break before I go and get my PhD. You know what B.S. stands for right? And you know what PhD stands for? "Pile it Higher and Deeper." haha. j/k- I don't think I could ever go back to another class again. Don't get me wrong- I really enjoyed it most of the time. I am just done. Woo hoo!
We decided to turn our garage into a toy room for the babies. Our son is pretty excited about it!
We finally got some grass in our little yard and the babies love it
Random Shots
3 comments:
About friggin' time!! Love it... especially the ones of me... thanks for that Jay :). Sure love and miss you guys!!! Yay for little baby teen happy birthday!
Welcome back. We have missed you really. I can't believe how big your kids have gotten. They are so dang cute. Congrats on all of the big things in your life! Good luck with the bar!
I'm really hoping we get to hang out this weekend at ragnar. So don't run too fast ok? haha...
Wow Jay! I love your kids to death. They are so cute. Sometimes I want to steal them!
Post a Comment